- ANAEMIA: Spirulina contains porphyrin and bio-chelated iron which help in curing anemia. Porphyrin, a red compound that forms the active nucleus of hemoglobin. Related to this structure is the polypyrrole molecule of B12, which is essential to the formation of healthy red blood cells. Its use is most encouraged for expecting and lactating mothers.
- IMMUNE SYSTEM: Spirulina helps to stimulate the immune system to guard against invading disease organisms and carcinogens. It reduces recovery time for those after surgery. Spirulina offers nutrients in a convenient & easily assimilated form.
- DIABETIC PATIENTS: Spirulina helps mitigate the effects of unbalanced nutritional condition in diabetic patients due to their “calorie-cut” diet regime by providing them with high quality proteins, vitamins & minerals. It contains glycogen, capable of generating energy for the body rapidly without causing additional burden to pancreas and result in low blood glucose level.
- HYPERTENSION: Spirulina contains high level of potassium and antioxidant, which help to control hypertension.
- CHOLESTEROL: Spirulina helps in reducing blood cholesterol levels particularly the bad LDL type and helps to lower the risk of cardiovascular disease. It improves general health, relieves fatigue, strengthens the spleen, removes phlegm and regulates the blood fat level.
- ANTI AGEING: Antioxidants like Vitamin E, SOD and β-carotene attack free radicals that roam throughout the body wreaking havoc on cells and organs increasing the aging effect and the risk of cancer. In such situations, Spirulina becomes an ideal food supplement for older people who do not eat much, eat inappropriately or cannot absorb enough nutrients. it is very beneficial for elderly people who are unable to absorb, assimilate and utilize nutrients efficiently.
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: Spirulina is the richest natural source of Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), which help in regulating blood sugar levels and to prevent cravings. Spirulina also contains the amino acid Phenylalanine which also helps to satisfy your appetite.
- ATHLETICS: Spirulina provides lasting high energy which improves stamina and increases endurance.
Source: IIMSAM Spirulina Pledge